PE - Tennis

 


  1. Are you in a forward facing ready position? No, that is one thing I can work on. I was just standing side ways instead of infront which I can improve on.
  2. When ball comes, do you move  by dropping your racquet foot back? Yes. I do have my foot backwards and the racket going downwards. This is one thing that helps me swing the ball with more force.
  3. Does your wrist stay firm? I think it does but, I would like it to be a bit. If you see in the video of me it still is a little loose which might be a conflict while playing tennis.
  4. Do you start stroke low. I do start it low with the racket. I think I could do a little higher because it is too low that when the ball comes it will take to long do start all down low. So, maybe a little higher.
  5. Then swing up and over the ball to impart topspin to the ball? Yes, I do swing the racket over my shoulder. This helps the ball topspin which makes it a better swing.

I think that I am really doing well is always having that foot back. I think I am doing this well because in the video I have my foot back before I swing. I never take that back foot off until after I swing. Another thing I am dong well is swing the racket over my shoulder. This is because in the videos even though my racket is too low I always swing it over my shoulder. This helps me get the ball to have a topspin. That is what I am good at.

One thing I need to work on is the hip rotation. When I swing I need to get first in ready position, and the turn the back foot and give the hip a rotation when I swing the ball. This is because I do not do this which means my swing isn't as powerful. Another thing is that I can work on my racket being a little higher than it is so then I can hit the ball better. This is because in the video my racket is so low that it was hard for me to hit the ball hard. That is what I need to work on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Board

Service Learning Semester 2