Water Project Week One!
In this week my friends and I decided what do. We decided on a skit, talking about how to save water. At first it was a little hard to decide what we were thinking about what to do. We first wanted to do a carnival, but then one of our team members wanted to write an article instead. At first we thought, let's do a picture book, but no of us wanted to do that. So, then we decided to do a skit, which all of us wanted to do. This week we chose what we wanted to do, also we chose some parts, and now we have finished writing the skit, and most likely praticing our lines the next week. Here is one of the scene that we wrote for the skit:
Hazel Ann: Southern Sudan 2015
Mina: Dear God, protect my innocent family, we need clean water, Sudan is so… I don’t know. Dangerous? No… Hard? I guess? Every day I have to walk for hours upon hours to go get water, and for what do we get? Dirty water? That’s right, dirty water, filthy water with dirt (gross sound) and bacteria. My sister is sick; I’ve heard that you can die from dirty water. I don’t want her to die. She’s just 6 years old. No one deserves to die now. She’s just learning, but learning what? Girls don’t even get an education here, what is an education? I love her so much, more than you can even imagine. Dear God please save my innocent family.
New Scene:
Mina: Singapore 2015
Hazel Ann: Hello Class. I’ve been watching the news and reading the newspaper a lot lately.
Laney: Wow, that sounds interesting (sarcasm)
Hazel Ann: Well, lots of families around the world are lacking water. A child dies from the lack of water every second.
Laney: Wow, I’m so sorry. I just can’t imagine that.
Hazel Ann: Everyone can make a difference. There are just the little things that help.
Laney: Of course! I need to make a difference. I want to help those people.
Hazel Ann: Alright Laney, why not save water? Everyday, here in Singapore, and everywhere around the world, people take water for granted, it would make such a difference if some people just made that extra effort to save water.
Laney: Your right, when I wash my hands I will turn of the facet when I am putting soap on my hands.
Hazel Ann: That’s exactly what I’m talking about Laney! Keep on going…
Laney: Alrighty! When I brush my teeth, I’ll turn off the water then too, and... and...
Hazel Ann: And?
Laney: Instead of taking long, hot, nice, half an hour showers. (dreamy face)
Hazel Ann: THINK OF THE PEOPLE THAT DON’T EVEN GET SHOWERS!
Laney: Oh! Right… ok. I’ll take a five minute shower. Maybe even less! Also, when I take a shower and I am putting on shampoo or soap, I could turn off the water.
Hazel Ann: Wonderful! It’s the little things that make a big difference. We can also spread awareness so others can help.
Laney: I’ll try that… (Thinking) I know! I’ll write an article. Wait… maybe the high school kids can try that. I think I'll… just talk about it with my friends, or do a bake sale! The cookies can have some facts telling about this problem.
Hazel Ann: Go on…
Laney: And we can raise money to give it to a charity so… so… sooooooo…. They can give it to the people for more water!
Hazel Ann: Perfect, think of unique and effective ways to help.
Laney: The thing is that the water, it must be dirty, right?
Hazel Ann: Yes, this is how they get sick. It has bacteria that can give you waterborne diseases. Some can even kill you.
Laney: OH NO! Wait... what is a waterborne disease?
Hazel Ann: It is a disease that you get from water.
Laney: But, they can just go to a hospital and get a cure. (happy face)
Hazel Ann: Nope, even if they do have medical care, it’s usually a few days walk away.
Laney: (sad face) I don’t know what to say.
Hazel Ann: Well, maybe you could come up with some other ways that you could help the people get the care that they need.
Laney: Maybe I will (thoughtful)
Comments
Post a Comment