My Personal Essay
It is the Hardest to Be the Youngest Sibling
I don’t understand. Why? Why do my sisters try to be the worst sisters in the world? They pick on me, and are never really nice, they say mean stuff, and boss you around so MUCH! I wish just for ONE DAY,they would be nice. Like big sisters should be. It feels like someone just leaving you off by yourself in the dust.
When I was young, and I still now, my sister’s would always target on me when they are mad. Sometimes, my mom and my sister Genevieve, had a argument about my mom, because, she was helping my sister, and she got all annoyed and was mad at my mom. Then when they were done, and I had nothing to do, she walked over to me and tripped me, it wasn’t fair. But probably it was because I was the youngest and they didn’t care about it if they hurt me. When my sister was arguing before dinner she sometimes copies me when I say something at the dinner table but quietly because she doesn’t want to be in trouble with my mother again. Once my sister finished arguing with our mom before dinner time. When we all sat down I starting saying something about my day, and then I heard my sister copying me with every word. I was annoyed but she did it because if she did it to anyone else she would get in trouble and she doesn’t care if she copies me or says horrible stuff. When my sister’s finished their argument with my mom’s they sometimes come over to me and show their emotions in front of you and say stuff to hurt you. Like for example my sister finally finished her argument with my mom then she came over and said to me “You are such an onion head.” Of course she didn’t care what she says to me.
Did you ever feel bossed around? I did and these are my reasons why. At home when I am reading my sister sometimes comes over to me and says can you cut the tomatoes I have homework to do and a lot more than you do. One day when I was reading a book for homework and I got into the suspenseful part of the book, my sister came over to me took the book out of my hand and said “Make the rice, I have way much homework to do, so you have to do it or else Mama will get mad.” So I had to. Probably because I was the youngest and I had less homework than they did. In my house whenever I had some friends over for a sleepover or playdate my sister’s always said to me “Go to your space Hazel Ann.” For instance when I had a friend over for a sleepover or playdate and when we were playing in my sister's and I room and I accidentally went into my sister's space and she was so mad and said “Get out of my space!” But we did, because we had to. When my sister on the bus last year there wasn’t enough space in the front of the bus. So, they sometimes say go to the back of the bus. When they are all comfortable in the seat they are sitting in, when I squeezed in the back of the bus can’t even get my own space. In a case I was getting on the bus with my sister to get home, and she rushed to get the seat that she wanted to have to herself. But I wanted that seat to ,but, even though there was a seat beside her she still said “Go to the back, now, I need my space.” I didn’t want to embarrass myself in front of other people so I did go to the back, even though it isn’t fair, because it never is. That right there, what you read, is why I think being bossed around from older sisters, is really hard for the youngest sister of the immediate family.
When I am at home sometimes my sisters comes home, and says that I am really bad at this subject because I ask so many questions. In a kind of thing, I was doing math and I did not get something, so I went over and asked “How do you do this problem?” She explained it, and said “Sometimes, Hazel Ann you are really bad at math.” Inside of me I didn’t feel good at math anymore because, she said that, and a lot of people say “older people are wiser than younger people,” so you should listen to them. At the dinner table sometimes we all are talking about our day and I ask something about there day and they say something mean. When I try to say something they team up and try to say mean things to me or gang up on me. In fact when we were talking and I asked Emma “What are you going to be for halloween?” She said “you’re face.” My other sister said “Good Job Emma!” and smiled. But, they still did it and ganged up on me, because I was the youngest, and they always have to do it to me because they don’t care if they hurt my feelings. Sometime when we are at our home, and they say something really mean to me, I sometimes feel like I can’t say anything. Once when we were at home I was sitting then my sister came to me and said “Hazel Ann you are so mean, why do you always have to be so annoying.” I had no idea what to say. But they did that because I was the youngest and I didn’t dare to do it to my older sisters because They are older than us and you have to be respectful. But you have NO idea how it is.
I don’t have the best sisters in the world, but I can’t control my sisters. I can only try harder, and then maybe they will become true sisters. For the reasons above that’s how I feel about my sister’s and how mean they can be, but they do what they do, even if it is mean. I hope that they will be nice to me when I am older, but you never know. Sisters are sisters and they always will be with you. Forever.
Hey Hazel Ann,
ReplyDeleteI COMPLETELY agree that being the youngest is the hardest and the worst, because your older siblings are always like 'do this' or 'do that' and my brother can be really mean, in fact, right now he's singing a song about me that is mean. :'( Anyway, I loved your essay! Keep on writing!
-Naina
Hazel Ann (and Naina) TOTALLY! 100% TRUE! ACCURATE! I really love your thesis statement, because I am absolutely on your side. I like how you use questions a lot so the reader reflects on themselves without really knowing it. Your essay is complete wit even DIALOGUE! I didn't think of that. It perks up the whole essay.
ReplyDeleteJada